Social Icons

Monday, May 19, 2014

7 Day Challenge: Get your Workout On!

pic from www.motiveweight.blogspot.com
I might have a confession... I have been choosing the challenges based around my marathon training, but now that is behind me (look to Thursday's post for the details on that) I am ready to get serious about a lot of my weight-loss and get healthy goals.  I have also been choosing things (except the sugar) that are easy for me to get in.  We started with the food journal, then water, then sugar, then sleep and now we are onto the workout portion.  I will post a workout each day on the Facebook page and the blog, and try to do the workout, if not try to get in a 20 minute workout each day.  There are a several different types of exercise,
aerobic, strength training, stretching/flexibility training, interval training, high intensity interval training (HIIT).  All of these are important and it is important to be constantly changing things so your body never gets used to what your doing.  This keeps your body in a state of muscle confusion which is a good thing.  Most of the books I have read say that it is important to include all different types of training because they all do different things for your body.  So the goal for this week is to get in 7 days of exercise at least 20 minutes.   I am not saying you have to go crazy all 7 days, but maybe do a day of strength, then a day of aerobic, then a day of yoga, a day of HIIT, then another strength day, another HIIT day, and another aerobic day.  And if your day gets crazy just shoot for a walk and some sit ups and push ups.  Really the goal this week is for those who haven't been exercising to get moving and for those who have, to step it up and make sure your including all different types of exercise.
Here is why we exercise:

  • Build muscle (which burns more calories) you won't bulk I promise
  • Tighten and tone your body
  • It releases happy hormones and chemicals in the body and battles depression, anxiety ect.
  • It helps us shed fat
  • Burn more calories in a day
  • It feels good
  • Helps your heart and lungs
  • Creates healthy habit
  • Keeps you young
  • Gives you more energy


Here is a workout to try.
With all things it is important to know why you are doing this.  My reason for exercise is that I want to shed some lbs and I want more energy so I can keep up with my kids.  I would love to know your reason for getting more exercise, leave me a comment and let me know.

Here are a few of my favorite books and workout videos (I know you can get a lot on the amazon prime videos or youtube too)

Good luck this week!!! Also if you do the workout I have posted come back and tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shall have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA.