Social Icons

Friday, May 23, 2014

Guest Post: Your Ideal Day by Kimberly Cozzens

Your Ideal Day

Hi everyone! My name is Kimberly Cozzens and I want thank Sheena for giving me the opportunity to be a guest blogger today!

My passions are my family, my faith, helping others see the full potential in themselves and then living up to their full potential! My vision is to help people live their ideal day every day!

I’m going to share a bit of my journey and then some tips I have discovered along the way. Before you jump into reading, I want you to imagine that I gave you a magic wand and time and money were of no issue. What would you wish for? What would your day look like? What would your week, year, life look like? Answer that, write it down if you’d like… and now we can get into this post!

Growing up I was “skinny sick.” I looked healthy because I was thin but I was sick a lot and we couldn’t figure out why. My senior year of high school I started getting pudgy & then in college, I not only gained the “freshmen 15,” I gained 20 lbs! It didn’t take my whole freshmen year to gain the weight, I gained it all by Christmas of my first semester! I was sad, worried, and stressed most of the time. I wasn’t very hopeful about my future or even the present. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I gained more weight after I got married. I guess this time you could say “fat and happy.” I was happier because I had my husband, Corey, to help keep me balanced, but the sadness still crept in and it was a daily struggle.

From 2011 to today, now sticking with this super-food nutritional cleansing program, I am a new person. Yes I’ve lost weight, but I have also gained so much! I’ve gained healthy lean muscle. I now weigh a healthy 124 lbs. and am at a lean 19% body fat! I have also gained so many new friends! I am fit and toned. I gained a LOVE for exercising. I gained a vision and purpose. I see the full potential in myself and others! I gained an abundance of knowledge. I’m excited, hopeful, confident, and very happy!

So when people ask me, “Why do you still do what you’re doing, you’re already at your physical goal?” I answer, “Would you stop doing something that completely changed your life for the better?! I wouldn’t either!”

This video here will show you more about the super-food nutritional cleansing program that I use and coach others on.

When you are working towards a worthy goal to be healthy and change your life for the better, as all of you reading this blog are doing, you are going to encounter naysayers and you are going to battle the most difficult battle of them all… the battle between your two ears… your own brain and your own limiting beliefs. I heard this quote today from Marci Shimoff on a podcast and it is, “I believe in having a big tool box!”

To battle the naysayers and the limiting beliefs we all have, here are some tools that have helped me since 2011 when I started my health, personal development, and self-discovery journey. These tools can help you to live your ideal day!

First, Affirmations. I call them “I am statements” and these statements are powerful for many reasons. The phrase “I Am” is powerful in itself because of Jesus Christ who is the Great I Am. Whenever you start a statement with “I am” you are essentially saying it to Jesus, and asking for Him to help you achieve that affirmation. Always say your affirmations in a positive way. “I am happy to be at my ideal weight of ___!” “I am excited that my family is enjoying our trip to Disneyland!” Always say them in the present tense. “Enjoying.” “At my ideal weight.” Your mind doesn’t recognize “wanting,” only “being.” Not all your affirmations need to be written and said in the format of “I am happy/excited/grateful.” Make it how you want, but use “I am” as often as possible. Write and say affirmations for your health, your finances, your relationships, your dreams, your goals, your spirituality, everything!

Second, Positive visuals. I put positive phrases, my affirmations, my goals, my dreams, daily positive actions, and other things all around my house and even in my car! I put them on the mirrors in the bathroom & bedroom, on the closet door, on a dream board next to my bed, framed pictures, the night stand, the fridge, on cupboards, and more. Below are some pictures of some of the phrases and places I have placed my Positive visuals. This is something that has helped me because your mind will constantly be redirected to positive things when it has positive things to look at! When you see your goals often, you will attract your goal to you!

  

Third, my amazing super-food nutritional cleansing program! A huge part of my journey, and the reason I even started this journey was because I joined a network marketing company and their products are full body, cellular, nutritional cleansing products! I seriously have never felt better in my entire life than I have since incorporating these products into my life every day! There are certain things I won’t go without! One product that I take every morning has adaptogens (which are awesome). My mood, energy, mental clarity, happiness, stress-levels, just about everything has improved since incorporating this and other products into my daily routine.

Another amazing product that I rely on EVERY SINGLE DAY is my amazing protein, meal-replacement shake! If any of you use a meal replacement shake you probably agree with me that they are amazing! I found out that I was gluten intolerant in 2011 so this was perfect for me to use to replace 1 or 2 of my meals a day because it is gluten free and it made my life so simple! Depending on which shake I am receiving either 24 or 36 grams of no compromise undenatured (undenatured it so important) whey protein, low-glycemic carbs, and healthy fats that give my body all the essential vitamins and nutrients I need! My shakes help me to burn fat, gain lean muscle, reduce cravings, keep me more full, longer (who doesn’t want that!), have more energy, better recovery after a workout, and it contains no artificial crap! Seriously, these products have changed my life and they are a HUGE part of my journey!





Forth, and lastly, be AUTHENTIC! Be yourself! Have fun! Stay true to your values! Follow your heart! Follow your gut! Do what makes you happy. Once I gave up trying to be what I thought others wanted me to be, I gave myself the greatest gift which was to be myself and discover my potential and purpose! I spent a lot of years trying to please people. Before I was married I was in a relationship and when I think back to it, I can feel the stress come over me and my lungs tighten and my breathing becomes short. I was trying to tip-toe around a ticking-time bomb and please him and so many others and I forgot to stay true to myself. This has been a huge key to happiness for me! And I hope it is for you too!


I just want to end by giving your some more tools for your journey to living your ideal day every day.

Books








Podcast’s series to listen to:

My links to find me and my nutritional cleansing system:


I am so grateful for who I am today and I owe it all to this WHOLE journey!

Books:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shall have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA.