Social Icons

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Spa Water


There are many of you joining me in the week of getting hydrated.  If you didn't see the previous post, our 7 day challenge this week is getting half our body weight in oz of water per day.  Some people really have a hard time with this and want some flavor to their water.  The best way to do this is spa waters!  So here are a bunch of recipes I have tried and then a bunch I found online that sound great!


Take your water and add delicious fruits/veggies/herbs/oils to them to make them have a little kick.  I have  added them to my water in some cheese cloth, or free floating.  Sometimes I let it sit overnight, and sometimes I drink it right away... totally up to you.  And if you really enjoy these, you might want to invest in some infusable water bottles that are perfect for spa waters.  It is on my wishlist!  I do have a birthday around the corner, and by around the corner I mean months away.

Raspberry Vanilla
I took some frozen raspberries and a little vanilla and 

Strawberry Lemon
I use real strawberries and either real lemon or lemon essential oil.

Citrus Delight
This is my own concoction of water and essential oils, lemon, lime, orange, and grapefruit.  I LOVE IT!!!

Stawberry Peach
Strawberries, sliced peaches... delightful

Lemon Raspberry
soo easy and so yummy... I like the vanilla better than this one but still sooo yummy

Cucumber Mint
Cumubers and mint leaves or oil

Apple cinnamon
apples, and cinnamon stick or ground cinnamon (don't need a lot)

Apple Strawberry Lemon Mint
apples, strawberries, lemon slices or oil, mint leaves or oil.

Raspberry Peach... this is YUMMY!!!
sliced peaches and frozen raspberries

Here are a few combinations I have found online that I will be testing out.

  • Grape Lemon
  • Blackberry Lime
  • Mango Orange
  • Kiwi Strawberry
  • Kiwi lime
  • Papaya Lime
  • Orange Strawberry
  • Ginger Mint
  • Pineapple Orange (I am going to try this one.. yumm)
  • Pineapple Strawberry
  • Pineapple blueberry
  • Cantaloupe Mint
  • Cucumber Melon
  • Watermelon Raspberry
  • Mango Strawberry
  • Watermelon Rosemary
  • Mint Lime
Now if you want to be really fancy freeze your fruit into ice cube trays and then its beautiful and flavorful. You can also use seltzer water to give it a bit of bubble if you need the fizz. There are a ton of recipes for spa waters on pinterest.   Great way to add some flavor without calories and unnecessary sugars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shall have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA.