Social Icons

Friday, April 18, 2014

Guest Post: Learning to Love Me by Jamie Anderson RX2Fitness

Sheena asked me to write up something about my weight loss journey.  This is one thing I love to share because it's the one thing that has changed my life the very most.

This comparison picture of me was taken exactly a year apart.. The before is actually my middle part of my journey.  Anyways, You can see I've had a lot of physical changes, but what you can't see is the changes that I made on the inside. (Which to me is has been wayyyyy more valuable than the physical changes because I found out how to love myself) I'm proof that if you change your thoughts about yourself, the outside will follow. It's really weird to me to have a conversation with someone else, to find out they have the same negative thoughts about them, as I did for myself. (I thought it was only me!) Thoughts like "I'm not good enough" "I'm not fast enough" "I'm not skinny enough" "I'm not a strong enough" "I'm not pretty enough"... and the list goes on and on and on. (Why and who put this into our brains!?!) 

Also what I've found is that a lot of women have a really really hard time accepting complimnets. For me every time someone would pay me a compliment I would think to myself "they are just saying that because they feel bad for me." "They are just saying that because I'm the last to finish the workout" I had a list of excuses for myself at why someone would actually like who I was, because I didn't like myself. 

The ending of 2012, I was at a crossroads with my weight loss, I was getting frustrated because I wasn't going anywhere. I decided to take the plunge again and let myself be seen and critiqued in a different way. I hired someone to help me with my nutrition. Little did I know, he would change my life. He saw me. He didn't see everything I thought I was. (every negative thing out there!) I decided to listen to his advice and really make an effort to change my thoughts about myself. The first thing was accepting compliments. If someone paid me a compliment, all I had to do was smile and say thank you, regardless of if I believed the person or not. That taught me to accept love. As I kept doing that eventually my thoughts towards myself started to change. I was good enough. I am good enough. The reason I really love this part about my journey is because I found out how to love myself.  And with loving myself I am more forgiving of my mistakes, I take better care of myself, I'm happier… and things just fell right into place because I love myself for who I am.  See why loving yourself would benefit all parts of your life?

If you are interested, feel free to follow me on Facebook where I share my journey, tips, recipes… and stuff like that.
www.facebook.com/rx2fitness 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shall have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA.