Social Icons

Friday, April 4, 2014

Lessons Learned

A few tidbits from my week of trying.

Because that's how I see it.  Each week I try to do a little better than the one before.  That way it's okay if I fail.  It happens.  Another week is right around the corner.  But when I conquer, I'm that much stronger.

Lesson 1 = Sweet Potato Chips
This is nothing new.  It's been discovered by millions but I thought I'd finally take my shot at it.  It has ended up taking a spot at the top of my healthy food list.  Plus it's SUPER EASY...because that's the only way I cook.


 Grab your yam/sweet potato of choice.  Peel and cut thin.  Consistency is the key.  If you have different sizes, they will cook unevenly.  Aim for silver dollar size.

On my first try I used a basting brush to spread the olive oil and sprinkle the salt (as per the instructions I found via Internet).  Well, the oil took too long and I had salt all over the tray.  It's much easy to put it all inside a container and shake a few times.  Then everything is coated the same.  I also used a BBQ rub which was NUMMY.  Seasoned salt works great too.  Throw them on a cookie sheet and cook in the oven @ 375 for 10 min., flip, and repeat.

 I used the chips as a side for my Tilapia and spinach.  Tilapia is a relatively cheap fish and pretty darn healthy.  We all know the green stuff is.  I sprinkled lemon pepper on the fish and then lemon juice over the spinach.  I'll admit I don't make extravagant meals but they are easy, fast, healthy, and taste good to me.  Give it a shot!

FYI - If you don't mind the starchiness, a raw sweet potato chip isn't that bad.  Reminds me of a carrot.  Yes I'm weird.


Lesson #2 - Spirit Sleeves make you Fast.

What do you use when all your running pants are dirty?  You guessed it.  SPIRIT SLEEVES.  Sure I look like I'm trying to hold onto my youth longer than my face allows but I sure felt fast.  My Garmin didn't prove it but it's all about how you feel right?  Plus my calves were grateful.  Maybe that can be their new name.  

Spirit Sleeves  Calve Coats
I have them in pink too.  Thank you sock outlet.


Lesson #3 - Wash your hands after using Peppermint Oil

I'm not an oil Guru.  That would be my counterpart Sheena.  However, my Mom gave me a bottle of Peppermint Oil and since my hair is still falling out after baby #4 I thought I would give it a shot.  Plus it was free...thank you Mama.  I have pretty much no idea what I'm doing but it feels good and smells nice.  I just put a little on the tips of my fingers and apply to my scalp, especially my hair line and temples.

Here is where the lesson comes in.  

After I finished my oil application, I moved on to my moisturizer.  Well my friends, if you don't wash your hands after using peppermint oil and then you apply your moisturizer all over your face...watch out!  It's a fine line between invigorating and HOLY MINTY EYEBALLS!  

That is all.  


Happy Weekend ya'll!







2 comments:

  1. Love those spirit sleeves! I always try and have a couple fun pairs of socks for when running get monotonous or for special occasions like Valentines Day and they totally make me run faster haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I def need more. I like sleeves so I can still wear my better running socks. I'm slightly sock anal. Lol!

      Delete

 

Disclaimer

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shall have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA.