Social Icons

Monday, February 10, 2014

Baked Broccoli

Eating is by far the hardest part of being healthy for me.  I have said before veggies are not my favorite, however, I am learning to prepare them in new ways so I like them.  Here was a trial that worked out pretty good.  My husband loved it and I thought it was pretty good too.  The best part is it was easy.

This was supper yummy, Cut up your broccoli and place in baking dish or on a cooking sheet, drizzle with 2-3 tsp. of coconut oil, or olive oil.  Add a couple of tsp chopped garlic or a few garlic cloves to the oil prior to the drizzling.  Sprinkle with sea salt and ground pepper. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes or until broccoli starts to brown on the edges.  Sprinkle the top some fresh Parmesan when you take it out of the oven and serve!!!  Even my kiddos loved it.  It was nice and crispy.  I might add a bit of bacon next time if I am feeling like splurging!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shall have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA.