Social Icons

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Calgon Take Me Away

AHHHHHHhhhhhh
 Have you ever had one of those days where you just need a break!  Calgon take me away!!! Except not Calgon, I would rather my own potion of delightfulness.  I love a good hot bath and my very favorite way to enjoy this is with my home made bath salts, a big glass of ice water and either a good book, or candles (don't catch your hair on fire) and enya!  Candles don't work to well for reading or I would use them then too.  I might even some times have a small bag of peanut M&M's or a Coke if I am really needing to treat myself.  
I need one of these at my beach house (a girl can dream) This looks so amazing and relaxing!

Why use bath salts?  Well honestly I notice they help my skin, they are also full of minerals that you absorb while sitting in the tub, they help to detoxify you, and it is such a treat for me to enjoy this!  My hubby even has me make him some (Ssshhhh! don't tell) for days when he is sore after a workout or when he is sick.

So how do you make bath salts you ask... well they are super easy.  Easy is key for me, if anything takes too long I am not likely to stick to it because my life doesn't allow for it.  What you will need  Epsom salts, Himalayan salts, or dead sea salts, baking soda, essential oil of choice and if you really want a treat some coconut oil (YOU WILL HAVE TO CLEAN YOUR TUB AFTER USING COCONUT OIL, but your skin will LOVE YOU!!!) 

Mix equal parts salt and baking soda into a ziploc bag or container with lid, I like to make a big batch so they are always ready to use so I would use a couple of cups of each.  You can use just one kind of salt or all of them, just make sure the salt and baking soda ratio is the same.  Slowly add in your essential oil of choice.  For me it is usually something nice and relaxing like lavender, but I love the combination of lavender and orange.  Both are great for helping with sleep disorders (traditionally citrus oils are uplifting but orange has been known to help with insomnia and other sleep disorders as well).  I also really like using melalueca or tea tree oil to help my skin during the winter months.    Peppermint is great for a bit of tingle in your bath, I also really like the blend balance from doterra.  There are lots of oils you can use, just depending on what you are after.

Slowly add the oils I would recommend using 15-30 drops depending on how much sent you want, per 1 cup of salts and soda.

Here are a few recipes for you
.relax
  • 1 cup salts
  • 1 cup soda
  • 15 drops Lavender Oil
  • 15 drops Orange Oil
  • 1 tsp coconut oil (Optional)
energize
  • 1 cup salts
  • 1 cup soda
  • 10 drops Spearmint Oil
  • 5 drops Eucalyptus Oil
  • 1 tsp coconut oil (Optional)
invigorate
  • 1 cup salts
  • 1 cup soda
  • 20 drops Sweet Orange Oil
  • 10 drops Grapefruit Oil
  • 1 tsp coconut oil (Optional)
soothe your muscles
  • 1 cup salts
  • 1 cup soda
  • 5 drops Eucalyptus Oil
  • 15 drops Lavender Oil
  • 1 tsp coconut oil (Optional)



CAUTION: Essential oils may cause sensitivity to your skin. Oils you should avoid in your bath salt recipes include but are not limited to: basil, oregano, thyme, nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, black pepper, and bay (Pimenta and Laurus)
Consult your physician before using essential oils if you have high blood pressure, are pregnant or have other medical concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shall have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA.