Social Icons

Friday, March 7, 2014

Dream Board

About 6 months ago I created this "dream board".  The idea was to pin up my goals/dreams/plans for the future.  A positive affirmation type of thing.  

Now this is about as crafty as I get.  I just grabbed 2 foam boards from the dollar store (you need 2 so the pins don't hit your wall) and some fabric.  Hot glued it all together and behold...dream board extraordinaire!

But then my procrastination problem kicked in and it sat alone for 1/2 a year propped up against my bedroom wall.  Finally I decided to give it a life. 

I know it's ideal to keep your goals in a highly visible spot to help you stay motivated.  Well mine is kind of like my secret weapon.  I ended up printing off pictures of me in past running form and didn't really want it displayed for all to see anyways.  It hangs on my closet wall behind my dresses.  I know it's there because it peeks at me through the cracks.  This way I can put whatever I want on it without receiving criticism (always helpful....cough, cough) from my loved ones.  Plus it's kind of fun to push away the clothes, like a big motivational reveal.  

Don't judge my folding ability.  I dislike anything that has to do with laundry.

A Closer Look
This board could have taken on many forms and I plan on adding to it along the way.  Included will be more uplifting quotes (physical and spiritual in nature) and places I'd like to take my fam.  But here is the base of my motivational display.

Top View
Left - dates/distances of my current registered races.
Middle - reminder that beginning this running season I am focusing on building mileage vs. speed
Right - List of personal records.  I'm proud of those numbers, and yet I'm always chasing them down.

 In the Middle
 Some pictures to give me hope.  I was once there, and can get there again.  Centered is my monthly challenge.  For March I am becoming a extreme squatter hoping that these buns raise.  I think we all know I'm not talking about flour and yeast.

Bottom View
More pictures and a speed snippet from my R.W. magazine.  I'm designed more for turbulence right now but we are getting there.


See what I mean about keeping my dream board unveiled.  It puts off a kind of shrine to myself even thought that is not the purpose.  The purpose is to give me hope, and that is what is does.  
For my eyes only.  ;)


Published by Kiesha


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shall have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA.