Social Icons

Friday, January 17, 2014

At Least You're Not On the Couch

NOW is a great time to find a race (or two, or three, or ten) to get your motivation in gear.  Don't think about it, just do it.  If you wait too long then self doubt creeps in and tries to talk you out of it. You can do anything!!!  Especially if you give yourself adequate time to prepare.  Just Google races in your area and go for it!


Next step...find a proper training plan.




Runner's World still remains the Bible for me in running.  They just plain out do their competition. Their training plans are no exception.  It is easy to customize a plan just  for you according to distance, time, and experience.  Click here to take a gander.

I've been running for more than half my life but I still create a plan for myself.  If I don't, I tend to go out too fast and too long and cause myself some avoidable injuries.  I also like to print off my schedule or write it on my calender.  It fuels my sense of accomplishment to see training days checked off.  Plus my simple mind likes visuals.

Here's something good to remember if the training gets rough.


You can do it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shall have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA.