Social Icons

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Joining the Team



Ok, so here is the deal, if you met me in real life and I told you that I was part of a team of awesome women who were creating a blog about health you might have to suppress a little giggle.   Not a snort or anything like that, because you are a generally nice person with basic social skills.  I’m not cruising around Walmart in a motorized cart or anything like that.  I do have a gym membership, I might know where the card is……..let me think for a second. 

I’m just more of an average American who is a little late to the fitness party.   So when Sheena first approached me about contributing to this blog I was a bit taken back.  I mean I know Sheena and Kiesha, and they are in shape.  They eat HEALTHY, they know what their taking about.  What convinced me to join the team was their commitment to health as a whole body experience, mentally as well as physically.  

While I am no PhD, I do have a passion and some unique experience (but we will get to that later) with mental well-being.  (Because let’s be honest here, put the words “mental” and “health” together and things get scary.)  From this angle I think I can be an able team player.  (Which is nice, because back in my high school days I usually got picked last for basketball.)  

I am excited to take this journey, and while I know that no one really competitive is going to be recruiting me for their Ragnar team in the next year or so,  I am here to share a little of the wisdom I have gleaned so far about the human mind and research into what makes is us happier, healthier human beings.  And along the way, I’m hoping to move a 5K or so away from the average American couch potato and closer to whole body health too.  

(Amy’s posts will be featured every Sunday and Tuesday)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shall have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA.