Social Icons

Friday, January 3, 2014

Let's Get Personal

How about a more formal introduction. 

I've always been a competative little fart.  As a youth I did my best to beat the boys.  I would do 100 push-ups and 100 sit-ups every night just so I could out do them all on the P.E. tests...and I did. 

We had to race 1 mile in the fourth and fifth grade at the end of each year.  I volunteered to pass around a neighborhood newsletter that required me to walk 2 miles...I ran it.  It was extra practice so I could beat the boys...and I did.  (Well most of them.  There was this boy named James, he was a fast little bugger.)

As I grew up I was involved with anything that challenged my body to move.  Gymnastics, fastpitch, rockclimbing, volleyball, and especially track and soccer...because you got to run.  I loved to run! 

Proud to be an Aggie!
In college I continued this interest and graduated from Utah State University with a Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science.  I then obtained an Associate's degree in Physical Therapy from Salt Lake Community College.  The body amazes me.  I one day have an ambition to work in a Cardiac Rehab facility or to perform Pediatric Physical Therapy.  But for now I'm content to work at home raising my 4 busy kiddos.  They are my life and I love them.  However, for my sanity's sake...I drink DP I run! 

Here's my current race calendar for 2014.  This is my motivation.  Well that and the extra inches hugging my waistline.  I hate getting dressed when I still look 3-4 months pregnant (my baby is 6 months old).  For those of you who know me and will argue this, it's called sucking it in my friends...and big winter sweaters.  Anyways, here is what helps drive my training.

May - 13.1 miles  *Ogden marathon relay
June - 13.1 miles  *Drop 13 Half
July - 15k  *Blacksmith Fork Freedom Run
August - 15ish miles  *EPIC Relay
September - 10k  *Wellsville Founder's Day

I usually sign up for more along the way but these are set in stone.  If you're looking for some motivation, register for a race.  I'm not ready for any of these but I WILL be.  Right now I run 3 miles and I want to hurl.  Let me know if I'll see you at a starting line!

My game plan is forming.  My mind is committing.  My butt is burning.  You know...light a fire right?  I look forward to sharing how I am going to kick things off next week!

(Kiesha's posts will be featured every Thursday and Friday)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shall have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA.