Social Icons

Monday, January 13, 2014

Fight off Disease Like a Champ (Part 2)

Ok the worst has happened, the germs found you, life happened and for some crazy reason you have the flu! How do you take care of yourself or your loved ones to get this over as quickly as possible?

  • SLEEP, your body can do so much on it's own, so at first sign of illness do whatever you can to get your body some rest. Sleep all day if you need (get a sitter) unplug from it all and really rest!
  • Zicam, this is my new found favorite!  Anytime I have even just a slightly stuffy nose I am on the Zicam like white on rice!  I really believe this product is super helpful.  Add this to your emergency stash before you get sick so you have it on hand!

     
  • Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar pretty much is the cure all for almost everything, and this isn't the exception!  Get Bragg's it is the best (no they are not paying me to say that, it just is)   Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar is unpasteurized, so the live cultures are probably key to getting you healthy. As soon as you feel it coming on get a big glass of water with a tsp or more of Vinegar.  Repeat 2-3 times a day or more.
  • While you are sick don't forget to get in those nutrients.  Possibly try to juice a few things, I can get you a few recipies.  Juicing is great because you get the nutrients to your body quickly.  If you don't have a juicer you can blend it, it just takes more for your body to get the nutrients, but it is better than nothing.
  • Avoid Dairy like the plauge.  It causes your body to produce more mucus, and really you don't need that when your are sick.
  • Airborn, yes, yes, I have read all the reports that say it doesn't really work and there haven't been any studies done on it that qualify it blah, blah, blah. I say let the results speak for themselves, and I get better quicker when I use it.  It is loaded with vitamins, herbs and so many good for you things.  Drink it up!  Another one you want to just keep on hand so you can get on it as soon as you start feeling the slightest bit off.
  • Steam it up! Go get in a nice hot bath or shower.  For me I like to steam a few drops of Eucalyptus essential oil or the Breathe blend from DoTERRA. 
  • Neti Pot...  Don't drown!  Use it at the beginning of your illness before you are totally plugged up.  Try 2-3 times a day if you are filling the illness taking over!  The saline can be drying especially this time of year when it is sooo cold and dry anyway.  Make sure to put a little something on those nostrils if you start to dry out.   Coconut oil...  It's my fav.
  • Tea is a great too.  I usually use the traditional medicinals teas and I love them.  But if you want to make your own you can too.  One go to when I am sick is hotwater with fresh lemon, honey and a few drops of essential oil, I usually use on guard.
  • Drink Heavily! Just like before the illness now it is critical.  Except please just tea and water. ;)  Any other heavy drinking might cause more damage.  The more you can flush out of your system the better.  Avoid sugar and caffeine.
  • When all else fails, REST!   I know I mentioned that at the beginning, but really your body needs it!
     
      I would love to hear your best tips for getting over that cold/flu quickly, please comment and let me know what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shall have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA.