Social Icons

Monday, January 6, 2014

Natural Face Exfoliant


Who doesn't love a great facial!  I do, but they are few and far between because they are a bit pricey for this girl.  So I try to find ways to do my own facial type things at home using natural products.

This has been a current favorite!  I mix  any one of the following oils, coconut oil, olive oil, or grapeseed oil with some baking soda and create a paste and then I gently scrub this on my face in tiny circular movements for about 1 minute.  I then take a hot wet washcloth and let it sit on my face for a moment to open up my pores and then I gently wipe it all off.


It leaves my face feeling smooth and moisturized but not greasy.  I have been known to add some  essential oils when I really want to pamper myself, usually just lavender, but I have added frankincense, orange, melaleuca and a few others too.


 It is such an inexpensive way to exfoliate, and I really notice a difference in my skin.  I have a friend who has been doing it for several months and says she has noticed a reduction in her brown spots and  wrinkles as well!!   One item of caution don't use this more than once a week as the baking soda is a natural bleaching agent.  I love using natural products on my skin, but especially my face.  Have you tried this? I would love to know what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shall have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA.