Social Icons

Monday, January 19, 2015

12 Weeks to Wellness: Week 3

This week I am going to add in some nutrition/diet guidelines for myself (and you if your joining me)  I started with my two easiest things to change and now I think I am ready to add in some nutrition. I do best when I focus on what I can have rather than what I cannot have so this week I will add a veggie to every meal and/or snack. The idea is that veggies are sooo low in calories and so high in nutrition, so I will be giving my body the fuel it needs and consuming less calories until I am full.

When I told my husband what I was doing, he was like what veggie are you going to have with breakfast... Well Green smoothies are great for adding in veggies, spinach and carrots are a few of my favorites.  I can also add onions, leafy greens, peppers, and many other veggies to an omlete or egg muffin.

Snacks I am gearing up Saturday and I will get a bunch of  easy to snack on veggies, carrots, cucumbers, celery etc.  I will cut them up and put them in baggies in the fridge so they are easy to snack on.

Lunches and dinners are easy, I will add a side salad (minimal dressing), or a side of veggies, or even better I will make dinners where I can hide the veggies in them and we will all be eating a bit more veggies.  I will post a few of my recipes through the week, and I hope you will comment with a few of your ideas.  My nutrition is where I really struggle and I will take all the help, support and suggestions I can get.

I know for some this may seem sooo slow, but I am down 4lbs in 2 weeks, I have more energy, my skin is looking better than it has in a while, and I feel good, in just the small changes I have made so far.  I am looking to make a lifestyle change, not just a quick diet.  I want to always incorporate more veggies into my diet, I want to always exercise daily (even if it is just a walk),  I want to always have more veggies in my diet.  So for me this works to do it one thing at a time.  It feels much less overwhelming and I feel successful in what I am doing because it really isn't too tough to change a little at a time but at the end of 12 weeks I will have changed a lot.  Right now I am going to do everything each day, of course there might be a day or two where I mess up on something, but I am hoping to stick to everything everyday for the full 12 weeks.  After that I will for sure have a free day probably once a week, and I will enjoy my vacations, or celebrate with my kids on their birthdays etc.  But I want my everyday to be a healthy one!

What type are you?  Are you an all or nothing type where you have to make drastic changes? or are you a baby steps type person?  I know we are all different, and I would love to know what works for you.  There is no right way to do, and everyone has to do what works best for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Disclaimer

We provide the material in this blog for informational purposes only. We do not prescribe and we do not diagnose. If you use the information in this blog without the approval of a health professional, you prescribe for yourself, which remains your constitutional right, but the authors assume no responsibility. The authors shall have neither liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any damage, loss, or injury caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained in this blog. The information presented herein is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult a qualified health care professional. The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA.